1 (9 ounce) package linguine
3/4 cup oil packed sun-dried tomato halves, drained
1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
2 tbs slivered almonds
2 tbs shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tbs bottle minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt. Drain through a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan.
While pasta cooks, place tomatoes and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper) in a food processor; process until finely chopped.
Combine tomato mixture and reserved 1 cup liquid, stirring with a whisk. Add to pasta; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with feta.
Cal 300 Fat 9 Sat Fat 3 Chol 61 Carb 42 Sodium 570 Protein 12 Fiber 4
1 (9 ounce) package fresh 3 cheese tortellini
1 )14 ounce) can fat-free, low sodium chick broth
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
Ground pepper, as desired
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; drain.
2. While pasta cooks, combine broth and tomato in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in basil. Cover and let broth mixture stand until pasta is done. Add drained pasta to broth mixture. Ladle soup into shallow bowls; sprinkle each serving with cheese. Add Pepper as desired.
Calories 267 Fat 9 Sat Fat 4 Cholesterol 32 Carb 34 Sodium 670 Protein 12 Fiber 2
1 Tbs olive oil
1/2 yellow medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 (28 ounce) can diced organic tomatoes
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 tbs lime juice, more to taste
1/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup crumbled yellow corn tortilla chips
1 tbs chopped cilantro
In a medium soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cayenne and cumin and cook a minute longer Add tomatoes with their juices, water, broth and salt. Cover the pot and cook gently, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Hand blend to desired consistency (about 1 minute). Taste and adjust seasoning. Ladle soup into bowls and top with grated cheese, tortilla chips and cilantro. Serve Immediately.
Per Serving: 100 calories, 5 g fat, 1.5 saturated fat, 3 gram protein, 12 grams total carbohydrates, 5 gram cholesterol, 480 mg sodium
Ingredients2 (16-ounce) cans sliced peaches in heavy or light syrup, or in fruit juice, your choice
1 pint fresh blueberries, optional
1/2 cup baking mix (recommended: Bisquick)
1/3 cup sugar
Topping:2 1/4 cups baking mix (recommended: Bisquick)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup sugar combined with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon; store in an empty spice shaker jar; shake well before each use)
2 tbs olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic gloved, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 pound lentils
11 cups low-salt chicken broth
4 sprigs thyme sprigs
2/3 cup elbow pasta
1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery. Add the garlic, salt, peeper, and saute until vegetables are tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices. Simmer until the juices evaporate a little and tomatoes break down, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add the lentils and mix to coat. Add broth and stir. Add thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer over low heat until lentils are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
Stir in pasta. Simmer until the pasta is tender but still form to the bite, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
10 cups water
5 vegetable or beef stock cubes
1 15-ounce can cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
3 carrots, diced
2 sticks celery, chopped
4 tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup small macaroni pasta
fresh ground pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
1. Heat oil in large heavy based saucepan. Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until soft. Add the water, stock cubes and drained beans. Bring to a boil.
2. Add the carrots, celery, zucchini, and tomatoes to the stock. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
3. Add the macaroni and stir. Continue to simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until the macaroni is tender.
4. Stir in parsley and add pepper to taste. Serve with Parmesan cheese is desired.
Nutritional Facts: Calories 120 Carbs 18 Fat 2 Fiber 7
Yield: 7 servings
1 cup dried green split peas
6 cups water
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced celery
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pearled barley
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 teaspoon marjoram
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Put the peas in a wire strainer and rinse with cold water. Combine the peas and remaining ingredients in a 4-quart pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour or until barley is tender, the peas are soft, and the liquid is thick. Add a little more water if the mixture seems too thick. Serve hot.
Nutritional facts: Calories 153 Carbohydrates 32 Cholesterol 0 Fat 0.6 Fiber9.5 Protein 9 Sodium 390